Here is a quick overview of the adoption process, which we aim to make as easy and effective as possible.
- Before adopting a cat from us you need to complete a quick application form which helps us make sure the cat or kitten you choose is a good match for your family.
- When you choose to adopt a cat or kitten you will need to complete and sign a contact that obligates you to care for the animal, and to return to us if you are ever unable or unwilling to do so.
You will require a safe carrier to take your new cat home on the day.With your adoption contract you will receive
– Desexing certificate
– Microchip transfer information
– Vaccination record showing when vaccines were given and when any boosters are due
– Worm and flea treatment given and due dates.
– If applicable a removal date for desexing stitches.
– Literature on cat ownership and obligations
– Information on the dietary needs and preferences.
– Disclosure of any health or behavior issues.
*P&K Pets located next to our store offer 10% discount to all adoptive families on a great range of cat and dog food and accessories.
- Follow ups via email are done if we don’t hear any feedback about how your new pet is settling in, this is to give you a chance to raise any questions, and also allows us to track how different adoption strategies provide better outcomes for pets.
- We offer vet checkups and support for 7 days after adoption, so if you are worried about your cats health you can have this checked out at no cost to you.We of course are able to offer advice and support after this period, just email us on if you have any questions.