Koda has a host of anxiety issues and is currently having daily medication to assist these which he takes eagerly.
Some of Koda’s problems include
* fear of wooden floors
* food aggression
* can only be groomed with a soft muzzle
* dislike of sudden movements
* completely unsuitable to a house with children. Would need to be kept seperate from visiring children
BUT…. Koda has many good points as well
* walks beautifully on a lead
* loves car trips
* follows instruction well offlead
* has shown no aggression toward big or small dogs at all
* tolerates/ignores most cats (will chase if they run)
Koda is a beautiful boy… almost cat like when he wants attention and has over a few weeks bonded well with me and most of the family given we follow his requirements…
* Only interract when he approaches you
* Do not touch him while he is asleep
* Respect his need for no sudden movements or unusual loud noises (fireworks, breaking plates etc)
* Do not attempt to groom him without muzzle (i have not attempted picking him up or bathing him)
Koda would best be suited to a breed experienced home without children.
He is fine left alone during the day inside and can hold toileting for a long time or uses puppy pads.
He does bark when he is outside at visiting vehicles, people walking past etc but does not tend to very often when inside.
Koda loves to sit on the couch with you and is eager for a good smooch up when you get home each day.
In the right household Koda will be an amazing friend and companion…. past the puppy stage so does not destroy things but still agile and energetic enough for a good walk or play at the park… but not energetic enough to need 2hrs of exercise a day. He will however require regular grooming (30mins every 3rd day or equilivent).
Please factor in Koda’s requirements before you apply because he needs commitment to outgrow his anxieties and become your best friend.
Koda is desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea and worm treated. His adoption fee is $50 and he is located in Evanston.
If you would like to express your interest, please complete a short questionnaire using the following link:
For more information, please message our Facebook page or contact us on 0416 364 228 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All dogs start out on a 14-day trial period. Adoption fees are to be paid in full when dog is collected for their trial. If for any reason the trial doesn’t work out, the dog can be returned and your adoption fee will be refunded less the administration fee (specified on adoption contract, varies per dog). Adoption fees are only returned via bank transfer. We will welcome any of our dogs back into our care at any stage of their life however adoption fees will only be returned during the trial period.